4 Hours Flagger
During this 4-hour course students will be introduced to Federal and New York State policies, procedures and standards. Training will review general work zone safety principles covered in the Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD) book, with concentration on recognition and prevent of hazardous
conditions, and the topics discussed in this course provide a thorough understanding of the proper signals and safe flagging techniques specific to New York regulations, flagging procedures and proper use of required equipment, and how to coordinate traffic movement through the work zone. Students will have an opportunity to review flagging skills using hands-on training and classroom activities.
1. 100% attendance for the course.
2. Completion of Continuing Education and Training Registration Form.
3. Active participation in all class exercises (determined by course instructor).
4. Completion of required pre-and post-quiz assessment.
5. As applicable, achievement of minimum passing score on required end-of-course examination.
6. Participation and submittal of end-of-course evaluation form (must provide name on form to receive credit).
There are no prerequisites needed to attend this course. Students must be able to verbally communicate with instructor in primary language of the training.
TRAINING REQUIREMENTS FOR 4 HOUR FLAGGING TRAINING
As per the New York State Department of Transportation Standard Specifications, all flaggers shall be adequately trained in flagging operations by recognized training programs, including the American
Traffic Safety Services Association, the National Safety Council, unions, or construction industry
associations, or by an individual who holds a current certification as a flagger training instructor from such a program.
Individuals in New York State involved in the daily construction operations potentially where workers and general public may be exposed to hazards created by vehicles and/or equipment.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 4 hours
- Skill level Todos los niveles
- Language English / Spanish
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes